Thursday, October 10, 2019

What is the scariest experience you've ever had, paranormal or otherwise ? Quora question.


What is the scariest experience you've had, paranormal or otherwise?


George Senda, former Professional Military Writer, Retail Manager
Answered Sunday

Originally Answered: What's the most terrifying experience you've ever had, paranormal or otherwise? ·

Getting beaten to death by my drunken Father in 1962.

He came home drunk, took the electric coffee cord from the percolator and began to beat me with it. He then told me to take a bath and he ran all HOT water into it and punched me in the face and I slumped under the water.
I think he panicked as he left the house right after that.
My Mother was a nurse and I had called her saying he was trying to get in the house but the lock on the back door did not work and he got in.
She could not come home until 7 am and she found me at the foot of the stairs and a trail of blood was leading from the bathroom, down the carpet to the landing and all the way down to the bottom.
They later had to demolish the stairs as my blood seeped into the carpet and wood and into the stone underneath.
It was determined at Walter Reed Army Hospital later that I had lost 80% of the blood in my body and I was pronounced DOA but my Mother told them that she could still feel me.
I had burns all over my body and blood had been pouring out of every orifice even my fingers and toes.
I had no pulse, no respiration and no heartbeat but somehow I was alive and in a coma for 3 days.
I saw my body leave my body and I floated above my hospital bed and saw a tunnel and a bright light. I headed towards that light and somehow knew that if I went into the light I was not coming back to my body.
I felt some presence telling me to return to my body and so I did.
I spent a year in the hospital recovering from my injuries including physical therapy and my Mother supervised my treatment for burns. She used aloe on the wounds to prevent scarring.
My Father had left and went to California but my Mother did not press charges, a huge mistake.
The police and DA wanted to charge him with attempted murder among other charges.
I made a full recovery but had 40 years of panic attacks every year as I approached the anniversary of that date. It was on my parents wedding anniversary, April 18th. My birthday was the 28th.
I was 10 at the time and hated and feared my Father for the rest of his life.
8 years later, he got drunk, went into a rage and started strangling my Mother. She was choking to death.
He walked with 2 canes then and without consciously thinking about it, I grabbed both canes and started beating him with them to try to get him to release her. I started yelling :
“ Now you son of a bitch, you know what being beaten to death is going to feel like ! “
I normally did not use that kind of language and it was if someone else was speaking and I could not stop myself.
I went into a rage and could not stop beating him with the canes. He released my Mother after that she went over and stopped me from killing him which I would have done if she had not intervened.
The next day I moved out and checked into a hotel and then went to Los Angeles because I figured that was as far as I could get from the man.
We had lived in San Francisco then.
We found out after he died from the autopsy that his brain was damaged due to alcohol and disease and it made him not responsible for some of his actions.
No matter. I still hate the man and will never forgive him for what he put me through.
1.7k views · View Upvoters



39 Upvotes

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment